FP1 Strategies LLC is a full-service agency based in Arlington, Virginia specializing in political campaigns work focused on coalition building, grassroots mobilization, advertising, digital engagement and message development.
With experience managing high-profile national projects in the United States, FP1’s ability to design and deploy a campaign-style, fully-integrated approach is a core competency that is unique among its competitors. Our grit, creativity and focus are what FP1’s “campaign approach” truly represents.
What our office environment offers:
- Fast-paced work environment
- Access to senior leadership, open door policy
- Chance to work side by side with some of the country’s top political and public affairs operatives
- Drinks and snacks provided
- End of month all staff lunches
- Collaborative workspaces including an outdoor terrace and access to the building complex’s rooftop space with awesome views
- Quarterly all-staff activities
- Employee engagement and ‘Friday Fun Days’!
We offer competitive compensation with opportunity for a year-end bonus, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer a paid maternity leave program and paid vacation and sick leave. In addition, we have a generous flex time schedule around holidays that allows work from home opportunities.
Your day in the life may include:
- Working under the director you will be providing clients with daily news clips and real-time news alerts, and providing research support for client deliverables, such as research books and backgrounders
- Compiling news coverage as a client deliverable and transcribing video as needed
- Copyediting and proofing research products and client deliverables
- Maintaining and organizing the firm’s research library, project database & research books
- Conducting bias analysis and vetting for individuals, businesses and others
- Creating backgrounders for new business pitches
- Pulling campaign finance reports and analyzing congressional voting records as requested
- Executing special projects as required
This job may be for you, if you:
- Are able to multitask high priority projects on tight deadlines
- Have the willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Are adaptive and flexible to changing needs of the workplace
- Have excellent people skills and able to work with a wide variety of personalities
What we require:
- 0 – 2 years of relevant experience in communications or opposition research (including internships)
- Keen eye for detail and strong research, writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of research databases and methods (Lexis Advance, IQ Media, Critical Mention, FEC, etc.)
- Previous experience in RNC-style formatting and AP Style
- Basic understanding of local, regional and national politics and current events
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work as part of a team to seamlessly execute goals
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to [email protected]
FP1 Strategies is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.