FP1 Strategies LLC is a full-service agency based in Arlington, Virginia specializing in political campaign work focused on coalition building, grassroots mobilization, advertising, digital engagement and message development.
With experience managing high-profile national projects in the United States, FP1’s ability to design and deploy a campaign-style, fully-integrated approach is a core competency that is unique among its competitors. Our grit, creativity and focus are what FP1’s “campaign approach” truly represents.
We offer competitive compensation with opportunity for a year-end bonus, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer a paid maternity leave program and paid vacation and sick leave. In addition, we have a generous flex time schedule around holidays that allows work from home opportunities.
FP1 Strategies, a Republican public affairs, media relations, digital communications and advertising firm specializing in political and issue-based campaigns, is looking for an experienced opposition researcher for our DC-based firm. Working within the Competitive Intelligence practice, the Director will:
• Prepare research documents and backgrounders for use in client advertising and new business pitches
• Build out opposition research books on issues, organizations and political candidates
• Manage a team of several analysts, ensuring quality control for client deliverables
• Maintain the firm’s research documents and database
• Pull campaign finance reports and analyze voting records
• Real-time monitor clients, issues and items of interest to clients
• Conduct bias analysis and vetting as needed
• Generate research support for client deliverables, such as op-eds and press releases
Ideal candidates will meet the following requirements:
• 4-6 years of relevant experience in political & opposition research. This is NOT an entry level position.
• Previous experience in RNC-style formatting is a plus and a keen eye for detail
• Strong research, writing and editing skills
• Experience using databases (LexisNexis, IQ Media, Critical Mention, FEC, Bloomberg Gov) and research methods
• Past experience in FOIA and state-level information requests
• High understanding of local, regional and national politics and current events
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work as part of a team
• Able to multitask high priority projects on tight deadlines
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Adaptive and flexible to changing needs of the workplace
Please submit your cover letter, resume with salary requirements to [email protected]
FP1 Strategies is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.